Program Summary: We are looking for a volunteer, or small group of volunteers, to come weekly to Brighton to support residents in a Shabbat service. It is currently held at 1:30pm on Fridays so the volunteer(s) could still participate in their usual shabbat services/dinner in the evenings.
- Prepare in advance content for the service including songs and prayer (A modified siddur will be provided).
- Lead the service each week guiding residents to participate in the Shabbat songs and prayers.
- Foster a sense of community among residents who attend.
- The volunteer will support residents to connect to their spirituality and gather as a community for a Shabbat service.
- Comfortable working with older adults
- Experience leading a Jewish prayer service and comfortable facilitating
- Able to respond to the needs of the Shabbat group
- Open to serving an egalitarian group that is small but mighty.
Schedule/Time Commitment: Fridays from 1:30-2:30 (time may be adjusted to fit the volunteer’s schedule). Looking for a volunteer who can start mid-May. Volunteer must commit to a regular schedule and commit to at least 3 months.
Number of Volunteers: 1-4
Benefits: Obtain experience working with older adults, cultivate new intergenerational friendships. Opportunity to practice and share in your spirituality. Provide a meaningful experience to our residents.